There are two direct ferries a week sailing from Syros to Thirasia, and also options to travel every day indirectly via Santorini. Here’s all the travel information you need to book your Syros Thirasia ferry in Greece.
How to get from Syros to Thirasia
If you are planning to travel to the island of Thirasia after visiting Syros, you have two options.
Firstly, you can take the twice weekly direct ferry. Secondly, you could go via Santorini which would be more expensive, but you could travel any day of the week.
The first option is the simplest. SeaJet ferries from Syros to Thirasia leave on Saturdays and Tuesdays, and take 5 hours and 45 minutes to complete the journey.
You should definitely check Ferryscanner for up to date schedules and travel information.
Indirect Ferries to Thirasia from Syros via Santorini
You also have the option of traveling any day of the week from Syros to Thirasia if you take an indirect route via Santorini.
There is at least one direct ferry a day from Syros to Santorini, and once in Santorini, you would then take another ferry to Thirasia. Complete guides here:
- Syros to Santorini by ferry
- Santorini to Thirasia by ferry
Try using Ferryscanner in order to book ferry tickets online.
Thirasia Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Cyclades island of Thirasia:
- Ferry services leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Ferries arrive at Riva port in Thirasia.
- For accommodation in Thirasia, we recommend using Booking. They have a great choice of rooms to rent in Thirasia and areas to consider staying include Agia Irini, and Manolas. If you are traveling to Thirasia in the peak travel season, we advise reserving hotels in Thirasia a month or so in advance.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Thirasia: Riva, and Korfos.
- The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryscanner. Although we suggest you book your Syros to Thirasia ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the busiest months of summer, you will find there are local travel and ticket agencies on the islands you can also use.
How to make the trip from Syros to Thirasia FAQ
Questions that people ask about traveling to Thirasia from Syros include:
How do you get to Thirasia from Syros?
There are up to 2 direct ferries a week sailing to Thirasia island from Syros. You can also travel every day of the week if you take an indirect route via Santorini, where you would swap boats.
Is there an airport in Thirasia?
The island of Thirassia does not have an airport. The closest airport is on Santorini which is the island right next door.
How long is the ferry ride from Syros to Thirasia?
The direct ferries to the island of Thirasia from Syros take between and 5 hours and 45 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Thirasia route may include SeaJets.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Thirasia?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I suggest you book your Syros to Thirasia ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.