The main port of Skopelos is located in Skopelos Town, sometimes referred to as Chora. Ferries connect Skopelos Town ferry port with other Sporades islands and Volos port on mainland Greece.
How to get to Skopelos
You can only travel to and from the Greek island of Skopelos by ferry. Although Skopelos has two ferry ports, the main ferry port is in Skopelos Town.
From here, you can get public transport to other parts of the island, rent cars, and also explore it’s quaint streets. Skopelos Town ferry port is also the main hub for connecting with other islands, such as Skiathos and Alonnisos.
Related: Sporades Islands Ports
Ferry Port Of Skopelos
There are ferries between Skopelos Town Port and these destinations in Greece: Ag.Constantinos, Alonissos, Mantoudi, Skiathos, Glossa (Skopelos), Thessaloniki, and Volos.
If you’re planning an island hopping trip from Skopelos island, the main Town ferry port is a great place to do it from.
When planning a vacation in Greece, make sure you check out the ferry schedules on Ferryscanner. This website provides up-to-date timetables and information for all of the Greek ferries.
Arriving at Skopelos Port
When getting a ferry to Skopelos town, you will see the port as you approach the island. The port is located on the east side of town and can be easily accessed by foot or car.
The port has plenty of amenities, including shops, cafes, restaurants and public restrooms. There are also several taxi stands nearby, making it easy to get around when you arrive.
Skopelos Town has a lot of accommodation options, and many people choose to stay in the old town area, which is just a few minutes walk from the port.
Departure From Skopelos Town Port
When departing from Skopelos Town ferry port, there are several things you should take into account. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the port and check-in as early as possible.
Try to be at the ferry port at least a half an hour before your ferry trip is due to start. The islands near Skopelos you can travel to by ferry are in the Sporades islands group.
Ferries Sail To Skopelos From:
- How to get from Ag.Constantinos to Skopelos
- How to get from Alonissos to Skopelos
- How to get from Mantoudi to Skopelos
- How to get from Skiathos to Skopelos
- How to get from Thessaloniki to Skopelos
- How to get from Volos to Skopelos
Ferries Depart Skopelos To:
The islands closest to Skopelos are: Dave, add a unique sentence here
- How to get from Skopelos to Ag.Constantinos
- How to get from Skopelos to Alonissos
- How to get from Skopelos to Mantoudi
- How to get from Skopelos to Skiathos island
- How to get from Skopelos to Glossa
- How to get from Skopelos to Thessaloniki
- How to get from Skopelos to Volos
Useful to know for travel in Greece
Ferryscanner – When you want to travel between different Greek islands such as Skiathos, look no further than Ferryscanner. You can check timetables and easily compare ferry ticket prices all in one place.
Get Your Guide – You can take some great day trips in Skopelos. Check out the Mama Mia tour in particular!
Booking – When it comes to booking hotels in Skopelos, Booking is by far the best website. With a wide selection of hotels and other types of accommodation available, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
Rentalcars – If you’re looking to explore Skopelos to see the locations where Mama Mia was filmed, renting a vehicle is the best way to go.
Ferry Companies Connecting Skopelos
A number of different ferry operators sail in and out of Skopelos Town port. These include Hellenic Seaways (Blue Star Ferries), SeaJets, Anes Ferries, and Aegean Flying Dolphins.
If you want to compare ferry companies schedules, you can do it all in one place at: Ferryscanner
Travel Tips For Taking Ferries From Skopelos
- The ferry port of Skopelos is positioned by the waterfront. See it here on Google maps.
- Although it may vary depending on the ferry company, passengers are generally advised to be at the port at least a half an hour before the scheduled departure of the ferry.
- Even your direct ferry may make stops at other Greek islands before your destination. Double check you are getting off the ferry at the right island!