Agnontas ferry port in Skopelos is classed as a ‘back up’ port. In case of strong winds, ferries bound for other ports on Skopelos may dock here instead as it is more sheltered.
Ferry Port Of Skopelos (Agnontas)
The ferry port of Agnontas in Skopelos is located on the south of the island next to a small seaside village of the same name. While there are no direct ferries sailing here, from time to time ferry crossings may be redirected from the other two Skopelos Ports as it is a safe port to dock in strong winds.
Agnontas ferry port in Skopelos island consists of little more than a concrete platform. There are no facilities as such, although there is a tiny covered waiting area that looks like it is rarely used.
If you do find yourself at this ferry port after traveling from Volos port or islands near Skopelos, there is a bus stop at the end of the port just by the road. If there are no taxis waiting, you could go the nearby taverna and ask them to call you one from there.
Book Ferry Tickets Online
Ferryscanner has all the latest information on departures, arrivals, and prices for ferries in Greece. If you’re planning on travelling to or from Skopelos by ferry, check ferry schedules and book tickets online there.
Tips For Taking Ferries From Agnontas Skopelos
- The ferry port in Skopelos (Agnontas) is positioned at the waterfront. The main port of Skopelos is at Skopelos Town.
- Passengers need to be aware of the ferry schedule and plan their travel to the ferry port accordingly. Most ferry companies recommend that passengers arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Agnontas may be used as an alternative port to the main two ports on the island.
- Your ferry may make stops at other islands along the way. Ensure you get off the ferry at the right island! Check you are getting off the ferry on the right island!
- The Agnontas ferry port is an alternative port used when there is bad weather blowing through the Northern Sporades and ships need to be diverted from the other ports of Skopelos.
- It’s good for visitors who plan to visit Skopelos for holidays to be aware of this so they can make different travel plans if they discover bad weather is incoming.
Useful to know for ferry travel in Skopelos
- Ferryscanner – If you’re looking for a hassle-free way to book ferry tickets to other Greek islands, look no further than Ferryscanner. You can easily plan a Greek island hopping trip by checking out the ferry routes between Skopelos, the Sporades islands, and mainland Greece.
- Get Your Guide – No matter where you are in Greece, there’s a day trip or excursion waiting for you. With Get Your Guide, you can explore the best of what this amazing country has to offer.
- Booking – When it comes to booking hotels and accommodation, Booking is by far the best website. With a wide selection of hotels and other types of accommodation available, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
- Rentalcars – When you’re traveling to Greece, pre-book your rental car through Rentalcars.com and save yourself time and money. With a wide selection of vehicles available, you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Recent Greek Ferry Travel Guide
- Skiathos Ferry Port Guide – Facilities and Ferry Connections
- Ohi Day In Greece October 28 Greek National Holiday
- Best Greece Captions For Instagram And Greek Island Photos
- Greek Islands Near Skiathos You Can Reach By Ferry
- Greek Islands Near Alonissos You Can Reach By Ferry
- Greek Islands Near Volos You Can Reach By Ferry
- Sporades Islands Ferry Ports (Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonissos)